Atlantic Provinces Library Association Conference 2018
The APLA 2018 Programming Committee invites proposals to be considered for presentation at the 2018 annual conference in Fredericton, New Brunswick (June 6-9): Libraries in ACTION!
We are seeking content that exhibits the dynamic role that libraries play in our communities and institutions. Libraries in Action is a jumping off point for proposals and could include innovation, leading change, physical literacy, actions to defend libraries and their services, or social justice. Special consideration will be given to proposals addressing the Truth and Reconciliation Committee’s Call to Action. We also invite your own take on the conference theme.
We are seeking the following:
- Oral presentations or panel discussions (45 minute session + 10 minute question period);
- Lightning talks (5-10 minutes);
- Poster sessions;
- Proposals that do not fit the above time and structure will be considered by the committee but are dependent on schedule, logistics and other proposals received
Please submit your proposals via email to APLA2018Program@unb.ca by January 7th, 2018 at midnight and should include:
- Type: presentation, panel, lightning presentation, poster
- Name, title, institution of presenter(s)
- Two sentence bio of the presenter(s)
- Approx. 300 word session description
- Language of presentation: French/English/Bilingual
- Contact information including email, address, phone number
Presenters will be notified by February 14, 2018. Presenters are responsible for their own registration, travel and accommodation.
We request that presenters make their presentation available on the conference website.
If you have any questions about your proposal, please contact Joanne Smyth (email@example.com) directly.